Card Kingdom and Mox Boarding House is proud to present the Legacy Preservation Series Invitational! From July to June, we’ll be keeping track of the top three players from our Weekly Legacy tournaments at each store. We’ll also be tracking player’s performance in the Legacy Preservation Series Tournaments. The three players with the most match wins from each store and the top six players from all of the big monthly tournaments (who didn’t outright win) will join the winners of our Legacy Preservation Series tournaments from that year in a 24-player Invitational tournament. We will cover the winner of that tournament’s hotel, flights, and entry to Eternal Weekend 2017. See below for complete rules.
Results from the 2016-2017 Season can be found at the bottom of the page.
- There are 24 spots for eligibility in the Legacy Preservation Series Invitational.
- The Winner of the previous Legacy Preservation Series Invitational shall be eligible for the current year’s Invitational.
- Each 1st-Place finisher of a Legacy Preservation Series Tournament that occurs within the qualifying year shall be eligible for the Invitational.
- Should a single player win multiple Legacy Preservation Series Tournaments during the qualifying year, their eligibility for each win after the first shall instead be awarded to the 2nd-Place finisher of that given tournament.
- Should a player who is ineligible for the invitational or otherwise unable to attend the Invitational win a Legacy Preservation Series Tournament, their eligibility for that win shall be awarded to the 2nd-Place finisher of that given tournament.
- Should either of the above occur and the 2nd-Place finisher is also ineligible for any reason, their eligibility shall be awarded to the 3rd-Place finisher of that tournament, and so on until an eligible player is found.
- The top five players from the Legacy Preservation Series Tournaments who do not win one of those tournaments shall also qualify for the Invitational. These players will be determined by Tournament Points.
- Tournament Points are awarded thusly:
- One Tournament Point shall be awarded to a player for every Legacy Preservation Series Tournament entered during the qualifying year.
- Additional Tournament Points shall be awarded based on a player’s standing.
- 2nd place (Finalist): 10 Tournament Points.
- 3rd and 4th place (Semifinalists): 8 Tournament Points.
- 5th through 8th place (Quarterfinalists): 6 Tournament Points.
- 9th through 16th place: 3 Tournament Points.
- 17th through 32nd place: 2 Tournament Points.
- Tournament Points for 9th-32nd shall be determined based on standings after the final Swiss round.
- Players who have earned eligibility by a 1st-Place finish at a Legacy Preservation Series Tournament will be disregarded when determining which players earn eligibility via Tournament Points.
- Should a qualified player be unable to attend the Invitational and provide the Tournament Organizers with reasonable notice, their eligibility will go to next highest Tournament Point earning player after the top six have been determined.
- Tournament Points are awarded thusly:
- The top three players each from Card Kingdom Weekly Legacy Tournaments and Mox Boarding House Weekly Legacy Tournaments with the most Weekly Points earned during the qualifying year shall be eligible for the Invitational.
- Weekly Points are awarded thusly:
- One Weekly Point shall be awarded to a player for every Weekly Tournament entered during the qualifying year.
- Each player will be awarded Weekly Points equal to total Match Points earned per Weekly Tournament.
- Should the commentators at a Weekly Legacy Tournament be otherwise eligible to earn Weekly Points, they shall earn 5 Points for each Weekly Legacy Tournament in which they commentate and do not play.
- Players who have earned eligibility by a 1st-Place finish at a Legacy Preservation Series Tournament will be disregarded when determining which players earn eligibility via Weekly Points.
- Players who have earned eligibility through Tournament Points will be disregarded when determining which players earn eligibility via Weekly Points.
- Should a player be in the top three players at both stores, they will take a slot of eligibility from whichever store at which they have a higher Weekly Points Total, and be disregarded when determining eligibility at the other store.
- Should a qualified player be unable to attend the Invitational and provide the Tournament Organizers with reasonable notice, their eligibility will go to next highest Weekly Points earning player after the top six have been determined.
- Weekly Points are awarded thusly:
- Eligibility is non-transferable.
- Eligible players must confirm attendance with the TOs two weeks in advance of the Invitational, or their spot shall go to the next eligible player as outlined above.
- Card Kingdom and Mox Boarding House employees cannot be eligible.
- The qualifying year for determining eligibility shall start on July 1st and end on June 30th.
- The Grand Prize shall be awarded to the top finisher in the Legacy Preservation Series Invitational.
- The Grand Prize shall consist of 1 round-trip flight from the closest major airport to the home of the winner to the closest major airport to the city in which Eternal Weekend is taking place, booking of a room in a hotel near wherever Eternal Weekend is taking place, and entry into the Legacy Championship portion of Eternal Weekend.
- Exact dates will be determined once the dates and location for Eternal Weekend of the appropriate year have been announced.
- The flights will be scheduled to arrive at the destination on the Thursday of the week in which Eternal Weekend takes place, and to return on that Sunday.
- The hotel room will be booked for 3 nights, the Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night of the week of Eternal weekend.
- Should the winner of the Grand Prize wish to make other travel arrangements, they will instead be awarded a $700 travel stipend.
- In order to receive the Grand Prize or the travel stipend, the winning player must submit a complete an appropriate tax form (which can be provided upon request) with the following information:
- Full Legal Name
- E-Mail Address
- Full Mailing Address
- Social Security Number
- Dated Signature
- Should the appropriate tax form not be completed at the end of the Invitational, the Tournament Organizers will attempt to contact the player to obtain this information. However, it is ultimately the player’s responsibility to provide this information in a timely manner to the Tournament Organizers.
- Meals, gratuities, ground transportation, airline baggage fees, fees caused by changes to airline reservations, and any other fees, costs or expenses are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Miscellaneous Legal Stuff
- Upon registering for any Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event or entering the premises of any Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event, you agree to be bound by the rules and policies set forth herein. To the extent allowed by law, you further release and hold harmless Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House from and against any and all actions, suits, liabilities, damages, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, which you or your heirs, successors or assigns might have which arise out of or relate, directly or indirectly, your participation in or attendance at the Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event.
- Upon registering for any Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event or entering the premises of any Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House from and against any and all claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of your warranties, representations or agreements made in connection with the Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event or which relate to or arise out of your acts or omissions which occur as a result of your attendance or participation at the Card Kingdom or Mox Boarding House event.
- Rules and Prizes are subject to change at any time at Card Kingdom/Mox Boarding House’s sole discretion.