ENGAGE is the corporate giving and community outreach program for Mox Boarding House, a division of Card Kingdom, Inc. Through charitable giving, intentional service, fundraising, and in-kind donations, ENGAGE extends our vision to the communities where we live and play.
WHO WE ARE
The Engage Program became a reality in June 2013 with the launch of our longest-running charitable event series, The Gauntlet. Our focus is to bring support and awareness to local charities whose mission it is to improve education, fulfill basic human needs or support our neighborhoods and communities. We aim to connect with you, our employees, and our community to give in big and meaningful ways through product donations, in-kind support, and volunteerism.
Each year, the Engage team hosts The Gauntlet, a day of games and giving at Mox Boarding House Bellevue. We invite game companies and gaming organizations from within the Puget Sound area to compete in a gauntlet of tabletop games and raise money for a non-profit that directly affects our community. Since 2013, we have raised over $650,000 for local non-profits, including Hopelink, Youthcare, Wellspring and Treehouse.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Our focus is to bring support and awareness to local charities whose mission it is to improve education, fulfill basic human needs and support our neighborhoods and communities.
- Education: Preschools, K-12, Higher Ed, Technical schools, Tutoring and Mentoring Programs, Before and After school programs such as Math and Science Club, Chess Club, etc.
- Basic Needs: Programs that support Basic Health, Mental Health, and Health Education such as Food banks, Community Mental Health, Veterans and other Social Service Programs, Homeless Shelters, etc.
- Neighborhoods/Community: Programs that promote positive social connection, teambuilding, and networking, etc. within our geographic community as well as our virtual community
REQUEST A DONATION FROM ENGAGE
Engage is dedicated to helping local organizations enhance their fundraisers, community programs, and other charitable endeavors. The following are our guidelines for donation requests.
- Organization has been granted a tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, or is a K-12 public school or school district, under Section 501 (c)(3) or Section 170 (c)(1) of the code.
- Request must come through our webform (listed below)
- Request is for specific programming or event(s) rather than for general funding or an individual
- Programming or event is of benefit to the Greater Puget Sound region of Washington State (exceptions may be granted with approval).
Applications will be reviewed monthly by Engage Program Committee members. Please allow AT LEAST 6-8 WEEKS before your specified event or program start date for committee review and processing.
Requests are evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis, and although we would love to accommodate every request that comes our way, we are simply, unable to do so. We hope we get to work with you in the future, and good luck in your endeavors!
If you are a non-profit that would like to host an event in either of our locations, please click on the button below and fill out the form. We’d love to hear what you’ve got on the horizon!